Abstract to Paper to Publication/ Presentation
Abstract to Paper to Publication/Presentation
Authors Handbook. Please review and keep this valuable guide handy as you stir through the Abstract/Paper/Presentation process.
Stage One: The Abstract for the Paper
- As a prospective author, your chances of having an abstract accepted are signification greater if you send your abstract to the adequate subcommittee, so please read the descriptions cautiously and use the flowchart provided on the submittal website to aid in making your selection. It is also vital that you submit your abstract on time.
- Information you will provide includes:
– Abstract Text (300 word limit)
– Up to five Key Words
– Abstract Title (Ten words or fewer)
– Biography for Primary (and Secondary) Authors (200 word limit)
– Contact information for Primary (and Secondary) Authors
Submit your abstract here (open through 27 Feb)
Stage Two: The Paper
PDF Conversion Guide
Clearance Release Form (Commence EARLY*); submit via scanned/e-mail to Brian Holmes ([email protected])
Author’s Guide to Paper Subordination includes directions for submittal your material (via e-mail 8 May through 16 June)
* Why commence so early on the Clearance Form? Here’s a message from one submitter: “. we are not permitted to submit the paper without public release being finished. They claim (and I see their perspective) that it is available to 150 people once submitted and that collection is still “public”. We began four weeks prior to the original subordination date to get corporate and government customer approvals and those are just embarking to trickle in.”
Paper Presentation Upload
Presentation Upload Instructions
AV Requirements Form
Practice Room Sign-up (on-line will be open Five October through 21 November) After Nov 21st, reserve available space onsite in rooms “TBD”.
Your Presentation must be uploaded to the I/ITSEC website by close of business on 30 September to permit time for reviewing and editing.
The approximate max upload size for the IITSEC presentation site is 20 MB. However, it will depend on how busy the server is on our end at the time the upload is being done (because that effects available RAM) and also on what the presenter’s own internet connection can treat.
If you are having difficulty in uploading your I/ITSEC presentation, please upload to my attention ([email protected]) to a site such as http://www.sendspace.com/ or https://www.dropbox.com/.
However you determine to proceed, please let me know so I can witness for the material. If you could also provide the subcommittee that will save me some “look-up” time.
For any concerns please contact your bird-dog (assigned if subordination
approved). If incapable to locate your bird-dog, contact:
Beth Biddle ([email protected]) for questions about your Paper, or Dave Milewski ([email protected]) for questions about your Tutorial.
If incapable to reach either, contact Barbara McDaniel ([email protected]).