Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The SCAA Online Writing Lab (OWL) permits CSUEB students to submit papers online and receive tutor feedback via email. We make every effort to come back your papers within 48-72 hours after conformity, but at mighty use times the response time may be longer. Papers are distributed to our tutors Monday – Friday. Our purpose is to help students develop confidence as writers through the convenience of online feedback and collaboration. We are not a proofreading or editing service.
Please read the following policies and steps in order to successfully submit your paper to the SCAA OWL.
Policies and Guidelines:
- Students may submit only ONE paper each 24 hrs.
- You may only submit work directly related to a class that you are presently taking at CSUEB.
- The paper size limit is 6 dual spaced pages. Longer papers will be returned to the sender.
- The words and ideas of your submitted paper must be your own and display the use of decent citation style for any supporting evidence or sources when required or adequate.
- The SCAA makes every effort to come back your paper within 48-72 hours (not including weekends, holidays, and violates). Be aware that during peak times, such as mid-terms, the request for OWL services is high – the response time may be longer than 48-72 hours.
To Submit Your Paper :
If your professor is requesting proof that you have submitted your paper through the Online Writing Lab (OWL), simply print/send them a copy of your tutor’s comeback e-mail and your paper with tutor feedback. Tutors cannot and will not e-mail professors directly.